Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sausage Loaf

This is such a yummy, easy recipe! It is perfect to take somewhere for breakfast, and it is also a wonderful appetizer for an evening party. This recipe belongs to Aprile Fields--the librarian at my school. Whenever she would bring this to school, I would almost make myself sick because I would eat so much. I never asked for the recipe because it was so good and pretty that I assumed that it would be difficult, but I was wrong.

Ingredients:
1 pound of sausage-I use mild, but use whatever you want
2 cups of sharp, shredded cheese
8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
8 oz. sour cream
1 can of small green chilis--You will find these on the aisle with the Mexican food.
1 french loaf--Wal-mart has the big one like I have pictured. Publix carries long, skinny loaves, so buy 2 of those.
Salt and Pepper to taste
You will also need whatever you want to eat it with. I like tortilla chips, but some people just like the bread.
You will need aluminum foil, too.
Brown and drain your sausage.

Mix together all of the other ingredients in a bowl. See, I told you that it was easy! Save just a little bit of the cheese to top the loaf with at the end.



Add the sausage, and mix it well.



Put your bread on a cookie sheet and cut around the edges. Then, I always make a cut down the center because I find that it is easier to remove the bread in the middle that way. Do whatever works for you!

Carefully start removing the bread in the center to create a bowl to hold your sausage mixture.



Spoon the mixture into the bread bowl.

Cover it with foil, and bake it for 35 minutes at 350.

Save the bread that you pulled out from the center to use as dipping pieces.

After 35 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. When you take it out of the oven, top it with the remaining cheese.DELICIOUS


Advice: Check that you have a serving piece large enough for this dish before you make it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment