Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our little mummy

It is funny now how much Joey and I talk about Andrew. We talk about what he did each day, what sports we think he will play, what he will be when he grows up, and the list goes on. Sometimes I wonder what in the world we talked about before we had him?!? I tend to say things such as, "I can't wait until..." For example, I can't wait until he can talk to us, sit up, sleep through the night, etc. Joey is really good about living in the moment and reminds me not to wish away these special months with Andrew. He talks about how he already misses his newborn days. I need to be more like him and enjoy Andrew for who he is today instead of always looking ahead. So, I thought last night about something that I will really miss when he grows up. The first thing that came to my mind was how cute he looks when he goes to bed each night. Joey and I call him our little mummy because he is all swaddled up. I wanted to take a picture of him, but there was no way that I was going to flash a camera when he was sleeping. So, this is what I look at on my monitor each night while my little man sleeps. The last week has actually been very hard in our house--probably the reason why I have been looking ahead to the future. Andrew hit his 3 week growth spurt. For several days, it was hard to soothe him and he ate constantly. This was very stressful for me because I felt like I could not keep up with his demand for milk. He seems to be back on track now and is once again a calm, easy-going baby.

During his fussy moments, we are very thankful for the swing! He loves it! The only thing that really frustrates him is when he loses his pacifier while rocking. Joey and I have been working on showing him how to hold his "pappy" in his mouth. Look at our big man holding his pappy in his mouth!
The other thing that pretty much always soothes Andrew--his dad! My two boys are best buddies. Here they are hanging out in bed before Joey put him in his crib for the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment