Wednesday, September 15, 2010

1 month

Andrew is one month old today! Part of me feels like the month went by quickly, and part of me feels like we have had him forever. This month has been wonderful and hard all at the same time. I feel like Joey and I are just now starting to figure out what we are doing, establish some routines, and gain confidence in our ability to take care of him. Honestly, neither of us had much experience with babies before having Andrew so we have learned a lot! My body is beginning to adjust to less sleep and the demands of breastfeeding. Physically, I am feeling like my old self again which is allowing me to enjoy motherhood.

We are going to take a monthly picture of Andrew like the one below. Joey and I had a small disagreement (and I am pretty sure that he was right) about his weight. Our scale said 10.75 pounds. I was reading that to mean that Andrew was 10 pounds, 7 ounces. Joey said it was 10 pounds and 3/4 of a pound, which is about 12 ounces. Looking at it again, I think he is right. Regardless, we weigh him with the same scale each time so we are just looking for growth. We will compare our weight to what the pediatrician says at his next appointment.

We have gotten our bedtime routine down pat! Each night, Joey completely handles getting Andrew to bed. He starts "bedtime" around 8:30 each night. He normally has Andrew asleep by around 9:00. While he is doing this, I sanitze pump parts and bottles, clean the kitchen, do some laundry, or take a bath and relax. Joey and I both thought it was important for him to be in charge of bedtime so that they get some quality alone time together each day. Once Andrew is in bed, Joey and I will spend about 30 minutes together watching television or talking in our room. Because Joey has to get up so early each morning, I am in charge of all of the feedings (which there are normally only 2) throughout the night. I would have to get up to pump anyway, so it really works for us. Here are my boys starting their bedtime routine by reading Andrew's kitten book.
Speaking of kittens...

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! He is so handsome, and growing a lot!! You and Joey are wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete