Sunday, September 26, 2010

6 weeks

Andrew is 6 weeks old today. He weighs 11 pounds and 7 ounces! He no longer fits in any of his newborn clothes, and we are going to have to remove the newborn insert from his carseat. He is really growing up! I think that he hit his 6 week growth spurt because he was a little fussy today and constantly hungry. My boys enjoyed the Alabama football game on Saturday.
My parents came over to watch the game with us, too. Since Andrew's birth, my mom and sister have alternated bringing us food on the weekends. Mama brought us groceries for the week and cooked us a few meals, too. Joey's family brings us food on Monday nights as well. I don't know how I would make it without all of the food. When I am home alone with Andrew during the week, it is wonderful to have food ready to just pull out and eat.
Finally, I got a picture that really shows how well Andrew is able to hold his head up. Look at my strong man!
Joey always lets me sleep late on the weekends. I tell him that he has worked all week, and that he should be the one to sleep late. He is quick to tell me that what I do all week is hard work, too. If there are any male readers of this blog (which I don't think there are), take note! I love that I have a husband who understands that being a stay at home mom is hard work. He always gives me breaks, helps around the house and shows his appreciation for what I do. Anyway, I slept late and he was up with Andrew. During this time, ANDREW SMILED. I can't believe that I missed it, but I'm glad that Joey got to see it. I have thought a couple of times that he has smiled at me, but it always seemed to be because of a reflex rather than true happiness. Joey said that it was absolutely a smile this morning. I tried the rest of the day to get him to smile again, but I could not...maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie!! Can't wait to see pics of him smiling! =) You're a great mama! And Joey is an awesome daddy too! All men SHOULD be taking note! I finished your sister's book-- it's fantastic! She sounds like she's a great mother too.

    You guys are in my prayers this week! May God continue to bless you and your sweet little one.

    ReplyDelete