Today begins my third trimester with Jacob/Caroline. If you had told me on this day last year (when I was still in the hospital from having Andrew) that I would be starting my third trimester today, I would have laughed! It is really cool how far our family has come in one year.
In this picture, I am almost 28 weeks and Susan is about 35 weeks. Baby Amelia will be here soon. This picture was also taken on my parents' 35th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary!
Jacob/Caroline continues to do well. I failed my one hour glucose test (same with Andrew) but passed the three hour test. I have said it before, but this baby is SO much more active than Andrew. I used to do nightly "kick counts" with Andrew to make sure that he was moving enough. I have not done any kick counts with this baby because there is no need. He/she rarely stops moving. I still love being pregnant. My ankles do swell and hurt after standing up all day to teach. During Andrew's third trimester, I was on summer vacation, so it is a new experience for me to work during these weeks. I have no idea how much weight I have gained. I have not weighed myself since I became pregnant. My nurse knows not to tell me at appointments either. I do not want to know. I think it may be a very scary number:)
Joey and I have talked about inducing with this baby. Our reasons being:
1. If we go into labor in the middle of the night again, we have to have a plan for Andrew. We have sweet friends who are willing to come over and keep him, but we hate to do that to anyone. We don't want family keeping him because we want them at the hospital.
2. We know that I labor quickly and my parents almost missed the birth of Andrew.
3. Because I labor quickly, we need to leave for the hospital as soon as I have contractions so waiting on childcare for Andrew could be a problem.
4. I did not like the doctor who delivered Andrew. I did not get my regular doctor because I went in the middle of the night. An induction would guarentee that I get my doctor.
With all of that being said, we are NOT going to induce. If you reread all of the above reasons, there is not a single one that states that the decision is being made because it is what is best for Jacob/Caroline. We have decided to trust in the Lord's timing and let this little one come when it is ready. We will just have to find ways to handle everything else. The risks associated with inductions are not worth it to us.