Joey was off for Memorial Day, everyone was finally healthy, and we wanted to find something fun to do. We decided to go to the zoo because Andrew really loves reading about animals in books. When reading books, he will:
- Say "woof woof" for a dog
- Roar and act like his hands are claws for both lions and tigers
- Pretend that he is smacking leaves with his mouth for giraffes
- Say "baa" for sheep
- Say "moo" for cows
- Say "cat" for cats
- Do his hands in the motion for "Roll Tide" for elephants, but he does not say anything
- Shake his head and say "neigh" for horses.
- Say "sssss" for snakes.
As we were driving to the zoo, I was hoping that he would not be scared of the animals and that he would be able to make the connection between what he had read in books and real life. Both of these things happened, and he LOVED the zoo. It was such an awesome day. Here are some pictures. Please excuse my boys' hair. I think that they have an entire bottle of sunscreen on, including all through their hair.