Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

We have sure made the most of our 5 days off! We have been so busy, but we were able to see a lot of family.

I was off work on Wednesday, but Joey was not. Andrew and I spent the morning together at home and then took lunch to Joey at work. Andrew had never been to Mercedes before, so it was nice to be able to show him to some of Joey's friends. After Joey got home, we went to Moundville to Uncle George (Joey's mom's brother) and Aunt Laura's house to have Thanksgiving dinner.

Aunt Laura and Aunt Debbie with Andrew:
Uncle George and Aunt Debbie with Andrew:
Paw Paw and his buddy:
Andrew loves to work on sitting up with his Aunt Holly.

It was very yummy-especially Laura's green bean casserole!
Hmmm...I wonder what Joey is the most thankful for this year??
Cade and Cole came in cute matching outfits.
Joey and I didn't get to hold Andrew much that night. He thought that Aunt Laura was very funny.
Aunt Debbie and Aunt Laura would take turns stealing him from each other. He's a lucky little boy to have some many people who love him!
On Thursday, we woke up very early and went to Wetumpka. I love being home on Thanksgiving day! Susan, Marshall, and John Marshall spent Thanksgiving at the beach with Marshall's side of the family, so they are not in any of these pictures:(
I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, but these two are pretty high on the list:)Andrew with Aunt Amy (my dad's sister) and New Bob:
Family picture on Thanksgiving Day:
My brother, Steve and my dad:
Time to eat...If you have never experienced a Karen Reneau Thanksgiving, you are missing out!
Ever since my mom found out how much Joey loves banana pudding, she makes it from scratch for him all of the time. Does it matter that I HATE banana pudding?? NOOOO, because Joey is her baby!

Guncle Steve and Aunt Olivia--I don't think I have mentioned yet that Andrew will be an honorary ring bearer (with his cousin, John Marshall) in their wedding on May 21st! In the Reneau house, everyone relaxes after the big meal...
and many fall asleep!

Joey and I got up early on Friday morning, left Andrew in Wetumpka (can you believe it?) and went to Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl. I think it took us about 30 minutes and several "one more" kisses to tell him good-bye. This was the first time that I have ever spent the night away from him. While I knew that he was in good hands, it was still really hard.

On the quad before the game:

Because of Andrew, I had not gone to any games this season. It's a shame because I really liked the view our seats. Roll Tide!

Joey and I went to dinner after the game and went to bed at 7:04!!! We slept for 10 hours, and it was WONDERFUL!

We both woke up at about 5-Joey went to work, and I went to Wetumpka. Andrew, my mom and I spent the entire day Christmas shopping. I wanted to buy ONE outfit for Andrew at Storkland in Montgomery. Notice the my stroller is packed down with clothes for my little man, and I (of course) lost the fight and did not get to buy any of them.
He was absolutely exhausted after shopping all day.
Saturday was also my nephew's 2nd birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN MARSHALL!
Andrew and I drove back home to Tuscaloosa. We are now waiting on Joey to get off of work so that we can spend the evening together. It's been a great, long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment