Thursday, November 11, 2010

End of Maternity Leave

My maternity leave is officially over. If today was not a holiday, I would be a work. So, what did Andrew and I do on our last day together? We sat in a dark, quiet room with a humidifer. My buddy woke up this morning with a cough and some congestion. The pediatrician's office told us the best thing to do was to let him sleep with a humidifier. I thought...why make him wait until bed time for some relief? So, we are in the nursery, lights out, door closed (Ralph's not happy) and he sounds so much better already. A few minutes ago I realized that I could at least go get the computer while I sat in here...in the dark...while he is asleep. It's not a very exciting day here, but I'm glad that I am with him.

Isn't the frog humidifier cute? One of the teachers at my school gave it to us. To my pregnant friends who don't have a humidifer...get one!
I am at a point in my life where I am surrounded by moms, and most of us keep our opinions to ourselves so as not to offend others. One thing that I do not hide is my belief that co-sleeping is very dangerous. We do not allow Andrew to spend the night in our bed. He is in his crib every night with his SIDS monitor. We do let Andrew get in the bed with us, but our rule is that one parent must always be awake. If we are both sleepy, then he cannot be in the bed. I must admit that pictures of him in our bed are sooo cute;)
Andrew started daycare this week, and he did wonderfully. I spent the week working in my classroom and hanging out at the daycare to help us (mainly me) make the transition. Because we are now away from him during the day, we like to spend every second that we can with him at night. We still get on the playmat as a family each night.

Andrew has learned that he can kick the toys above him. We joke that he is going to have abs of steel if he keeps this up! He wants to roll over so badly. He can get his legs and lower body over, but his arms are not cooperating. I don't think it will be long until he can do it!
I got some really exciting news today that made me VERY happy. Unfortunately, it's a secret-ha ha! Check back tomorrow to find out! My little man is waking up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment