Saturday, January 30, 2016

Teacher of the Year Banquet

          This Thursday, Joey and I attended the Tuscaloosa County School System Banquet.  We rarely dress up and spend a night away from the boys.  Earlier in the school year, my school nominated me as the teacher of the year.  Every elementary school does this.  To apply, we completed lengthy papers about our teaching beliefs, current legislation in education, and our experiences.  I remember working during most of my Thanksgiving Break on the application.  From all of the elementary nominations, our system picks one overall Elementary Teacher of the Year and one Secondary Teacher of the Year.  In early January, I received an email that I was a semi-finalist for the overall elementary title.  I was shocked to get that!  My mom bought me a new suit, and I spent hours studying for my interview.  I've been Buhl's teacher of the year two times before, but I've never made it to the semi-finalist stage.  My principal was so supportive.  She did a mock interview with me the day before my actual interview on Jan. 15.  I was given half a day off to interview.  Before I left, she prayed with me in her office and gave me a sweet card to open before walking into my interview.  I was, in fact, named the overall system Elementary Teacher of the Year!  I told Joey it has been a goal of mine since starting my career.  I really can't believe it!




One of my best friends, Amy, came to the banquet to support me.


This is my principal, Vanessa Clay!  She is awesome! 


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment