Tuesday, July 27, 2010

37 weeks


Andrew is now full term! Praise the Lord! I was reading this morning about sleep training and came to a section about changing sleep training for premature babies. I thought...that is one worry that I can check off of my list. At this point, he could come at any moment and he wouldn't be premature! I posted this picture from December 2009 because I remember looking at it and feeling mixed emotions: 1) Wow, we really are pregnant! 2) He's soooo tiny. How is that tadpole ever going to turn into a baby? He did it, though and now he is ready for life outside of the womb!
I had my 37 week check up today. Andrew is progressing very well. I was 1 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and his position was -2. This means that he has started to "drop" or move down to prepare for delivery!

On average, babies at 37 weeks are a little over 6 pounds and somewhere between 19 and 20 inches long. We are not sure of Andrew's exact measurements at this point, but Dr. Myers predicts that he will be about 7 to 7.5 pounds at delivery. Even with an ultrasound such predictions are hard to make, though.

I still feel wonderful. My ankles and feet are beginning to swell slightly, but I have been spending time with my feet up and relaxing. I do feel changes in my body, especially as Andrew moves down. He will sometimes hit a nerve that will shoot pain through or numb my right leg for a moment.

Now that we have had all of our showers for Andrew, I went to Target to get the things that were left on our registry this morning. We have been so blessed with presents from our family and friends that there was not really that much to buy. I stocked up on things that I knew we would go through quickly once he arrived so that I am not asking Joey to run by the store everyday after work. I think we are ready...famous last words, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment