Monday, October 10, 2011

Homecoming Weekend and Baby News

Something happened this weekend that NEVER happens-Joey was off the entire weekend! It was wonderful! We got to spend so much time together. On Saturday, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. This is by far Andrew's favorite restaurant. He had pancakes, bacon, cheese eggs, and hashbrown casserole. Joey and I were both amazed at how much he was able to eat.

Reading a book while we wait on our food:
Getting some love from Dada in the store:


After breakfast, we went to campus to look at all of the homecoming decorations. Because my sorority is building a new house, I wanted to take Andrew by the house that I lived in during my college days.


Of course, I thought that ADPi had the best lawn decoration!


Our family in front of the ADPi house:


Joey's favorite decoration was in front of the Kappa house. The faces of the coaches were impressive.


Next, we went to look at the Walk of Champions. Joey and I have been here several times, but we have never shown it to our little buddy before.


Sippy cup break on the Walk of Champions:


Then, we showed Andrew the statues of famous Alabama coaches. I like this picture of my boys looking at Saban.



Here is our family in front of Saban. I am 35 weeks and 4 days pregnant here.Stallings statue:




Bryant statue:



Saturday night, Joey and I went to the game while Andrew stayed home with a babysitter. We both hate leaving our little guy, but it is good for us to have some alone time. In the year 2011, we got a babysitter to go out for New Year's and one other time for a Sunday School party. Other than that, we always do things as a family of three. It is so strange to be out without Andrew. Maybe when he is older we will have an easier time leaving him. For now, we would just all rather be together.



On Sunday, we went to church and out to lunch with some friends. We all took Sunday afternoon naps. Joey worked in the yard, and then we played outside in Andrew's car. This car was a gift from the O'Harra family, and he uses it all of the time.




He has finally started to realize that he is supposed to put his hands on the steering wheel.


This car is so much fun!

On a totally different note, I am now going for weekly visits for Jacob/Caroline. I am having A LOT of Braxton Hicks contractions. I did not have any with Andrew, so this is very new for me. However, I am not dilated. The Braxton Hicks are strong and high, so I think that I am in labor each day. Then, they go away. This baby will be full term on October 18th (my 30th birthday) so I do not want to meet him/her before that! After several appointments of not gaining/losing weight, I did finally gain a pound at my last appointment. I was not concerned about the weight since I have plenty of extra pounds right now, but it sure did make my mama feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment