Monday, September 26, 2011

Amelia Karen Rathmell

WHAT?? I have a new cousin? My mom hasn't even blogged about this yet? I'm shocked! Amelia Karen Rathmell was born on on Sunday, September 18th at 7:17 p.m. She was 20.5 inches long and weighed 8 pounds and 13 ounces.

Susan's water broke early Sunday morning, but she was not having any contractions. Meanwhile in Tuscaloosa, Andrew and I were getting dressed for church, Joey was at work, and the O'Harra family was spending the weekend with us.

We got the call that Susan's water broke, and the O'Harra family graciously offered to watch Andrew while I went to Birmingham. Once I got to Susan's house, she got a few last minute things finished and called her doctor. The doctor encouraged her to go ahead and come to the hospital even though she was not having contractions.

Final pictures as a family of 3:




Once we got to the hospital, Susan did some walking to try to get the contractions started.





Mariella and Sue came from Wetumpka to meet Baby Amelia.


Welcome, Baby Amelia! Praise God that you are safely here. We love you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment