Sunday, January 30, 2011

Slept Through the Night

Andrew SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT for the FIRST TIME on Thursday, January 27th! It was amazing! We did not get up once--not even for a second to put a paci back in his mouth.

I blogged several weeks ago that we were trying to break him of his swaddle. Well, that was a complete failure. He simply won't sleep without it, and any frequent readers know my thoughts on "crying it out." So, we continue to swaddle. On the night of the 27th, I of course woke up naturally and had two thoughts:

1. Holy cow, I can't believe that he hasn't gotten up.
2. Oh my gosh, is he okay?

I looked at my monitor and noticed that he had gotten his arms free from his swaddle and was sleeping in his classic Andrew position--arms above head. With his arms free, he can now also grab his own pacifier in the crib. So, now we still swaddle him, but we leave his arms unswaddled. Unfortunately, he has not slept through the night again, but he is sleeping better. Here is a blurry (taken from the monitor) picture of his new sleeping look.

No comments:

Post a Comment