Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend...and a little scare

On Thursday night, Joey and I decided that we wanted to take a small vacation during the Memorial Day weekend. We both realize that our days of taking last minute trips are numbered, and we want to spend as much quality time together as possible before Andrew gets here. So, we decided that we would go to Atlanta for the weekend. Before Joey got home from work on Friday, Andrew's nursery chair was delivered. Thanks, Grandmommy and Granddaddy for the chair! We actually went to Wetumpka on Friday night to eat dinner and spend time with my parents. We got up early Saturday morning, went to look at ski boats (Joey has a really bad itch for one) and then headed to Atlanta. We went to the Braves game Saturday night.On Sunday morning, we went to a delicious restaurant called the Flying Biscuit. My brother introduced us to it, and we love it. If you ever go, you have to order their grits!
Joey's favorite dish is fried brie topped with fruit. I am not really a fan of it, but he ate every bit!

After breakfast, we went to the Atlanta aquarium.

Joey's favorite animals were the penguins...
and the otters were my favorite!

On Monday, we spent the day with friends at the river.

Everyone (except me:) tubed, skiied, wakeboarded, etc. Here is Joey showing off his skills!

It was nice to spend a relaxing day together.

Here are some of our sweet friends.

When we got back home from the river, I laid on the couch to do my "kick count." Twice a day, I check to make sure that Andrew is as active as he should be. Well, this was the first time that I was not able to feel anything. I got upset and Joey and I both decided that we should call the doctor. We called, and he said to come to the hospital immediately--his response did not exactly help to ease my mind. Of course, we went to the hospital and they hooked me up to a monitor. As the nurse was hooking me up, Andrew started kicking like crazy! Even though he was kicking, the doctor monitored Andrew and me for an hour and noted all of his movements, changes in heart rate, and had a machine on me to monitor any contractions--which I did not have. It was a long night, but Joey and I both left feeling relieved and glad that we had everything checked out. This morning, I had my 29 week check up. Everything was normal, and I will go back in a couple of weeks.