Wednesday, June 16, 2010

2 years


Joey and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary on June 14th. It some ways, it feels like we were just married yesterday. In other ways, it is strange to think about life before Joey. Sadly, there are so many unhappily married people in the world that are quick to say things like, "Enjoy it while it lasts, it won't be so fun in a few years." or "You can't really be that happy." Truth be told, I LOVE being Emily Glasgow! Marriage is wonderful even when no one is around or watching. I thank God that Joey wanted to be my husband. He is brilliant, hard working, compassionate, and gorgeous! We have been through so much together in our two years of marriage. I often think about the night that we met at the student center of First Wesleyan Church. It was on this night that I thought--he may have the most beautiful eyes that I have ever seen. Little did I know that I would look into those eyes as he recited wedding vows to me, or after we heard our son's heartbeat on the ultrasound monitor, or on the days when he tells me how pretty I am even though I have packed on close to 20 pounds lately! He is my true love, and I look forward to many more years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment