Friday, May 7, 2010

Bad News, Good News, and Great News

Bad News:
Joey and I went to my 25 week appointment this week. Unfortunately, I failed my glucose test. I was really upset that Andrew was in danger and that I had to come back the next day to take a more extensive (3 hour test) to see if I would be diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

Good News:
I passed the three hour test, so I do not have gestational diabetes. Everything is fine, and my glucose levels were normal. The first test was only a one hour test, and we were told that many pregnant women just take more than an hour to regulate their sugar levels. Also, my marginal previa (that I posted about previously) has corrected itself. My placenta is now in the proper place, and I should be able to have a normal delivery.

Great News:
We got a 4D ultrasound of Andrew. We know that he still has a lot of developing to do and will change a great deal. However, we think that he is the most precious thing in the world! His little hands are in front of his lips.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you are ok and things are looking up and up!! Baby Andrew is adorable, even in your belly! Can't wait to meet him... GOOD NIGHT!

    ReplyDelete