Monday, May 20, 2013

Joey-18 months

Joey is a happy, playful 18 month old.  He is fierce.  You will not take a toy from him easily.  Having an older brother has made him very tough.  He is still a "mama's boy."  He loves me above all others!  He has several words.  I am sure that I will forget some, but here is a list.  He repeats everything, too!

Mama
Dada
Water
Apple
Cat
Baa for sheep
Moo for cow
Woof Woof for dog
Quack Quack for duck
Eat eat (when he is hungry)
Pap pap (for his paci)
Ball
Shoe
Bye-bye (with a wave)
Book
No
Uh-oh
Yahoo (when he rides his toy bull)

He will point at something and launch into full jibberish.  That is one of my favorite things about him right now because he is so expressive.  He will follow commands, such as "bring me your shoe."  He has also learned all of our routines.  This makes my life so much easier.  In the last month, he has started walking to his class each morning all by himself.  He knows exactly where to go! He will tell me that he wants to eat, and then he will go start trying to crawl into his high chair. 

He loves watching Mickey Mouse.  He really had no choice because of Andrew's love, but he really does like it.  He will snuggle in my bed with me and watch an entire episode without moving a muscle. 

Joey loves to dance!  He will bounce up and down and do spins when music plays.  He still LOVES his paci.  It will be a sad day in the Glasgow house when the pacis are gone.  I dread it.  He likes to steal my cell phone.  He will hold it up to his ear (rarely) and pretend to talk. 

In his free time, Joey is normally doing one of two things:
1. Playing with a ball
2. Reading

I didn't think it would be possible for a kid to love books as much as Andrew, but Joey does.  He will read them to himself over and over again.  He tends to pick books that have a lot of animal pictures.  When we go outside, he really enjoys his swingset.  He can swing happily for about 30 minutes.  He tries to hang with the big boys and play basketball some, too.  He also realized in the last month how to draw with sidewalk chalk.  In the past, I would have to take it from him because he would try to eat it.  He has also started to ride the motorized tractor some, but he is not very good at steering yet.

Joey naps for about 2 hours a day, and he sleeps for about 12 hours at night.  He is a pretty good eater.  As far as I know, he is not allergic to anything.  He wears size 4 diapers and size 2T clothes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment