Sunday, June 10, 2012


We took a family vacation to Chattanooga last weekend.  This was our first vacation with both boys, and I was a little concerned.  They actually did really well.  As soon as we checked in the hotel, we went swimming.  We made sure to pick a hotel with an indoor pool.

This was Joey's first time to swim.  He seemed to like it pretty well.

The boys were cold when we got back to the room, so all three of them took a bath.

That night, we went to dinner at Sugar's...voted best BBQ in Chattanooga for the past 3 years.  It was very good, and Andrew ate soooo much.

Andrew liked watching the horses.  He would yell, "neigh neigh" as they passed. 

The next morning, we went to the aquarium.

We got there a few minutes before it opened, so we played outside.
Andrew loved walking on these ramps.

He even walked up this ramp with some help from Dada.  After coming off of the ramps, he had some difficulty walking.  It seemed as if his balance was off, and he had sea legs.  We assumed that it would get better in a few minutes. 

We entered the aquarium and started looking at all of the animals, but Joey and I were not having much fun because Andrew's walking was not improving.

Taking a break:
While the boys looked at the penguins, I was calling the pediatrician.  He was still only able to take a few steps without falling.

We left the aquarium and went to Chattanooga's Children's Hospital.  Here are my boys hugging on the hospital bed.  Andrew has been paci-free (except bedtime) for a couple of months.  I was weak and gave it back.  He was not allowed to eat at the hospital and had not had lunch, it was time for a nap, and I was scared that he was in pain.  Nothing ended up being wrong. He had 8 x-rays, and he was able to walk again later that evening. 
After the hospital, Andrew needed a nap.  Joey took Joey to a Lookout baseball game so that the room would be quiet.  Andrew and I took a 3 hour nap.

The next morning, we ate breakfast at a local place called Aretha Frankenstein.  We do not like to eat at chains on vacations. It is fun to try new places that we would never get to visit.

After breakfast, we went to the Children's Discovery Museum.  Andrew had so much fun at the water exhibit.  I did not see the smocks (notice the little girl next to me) so Andrew got soaked.

Finally, it dawned on me that all of the other children were wearing smocks-oops!

Then, Andrew and his dada built a tower.
Here are some more pictures from the museum.

Andrew was so excited that there was a library in the museum.

Bubble table on the roof of the museum:

Hula-hooping with Dada:

Taking all of the checkers to make a stack:

That night, we went to a delicious Mexican restaurant called Taco Mamacita.  Andrew had brisket tacos.
Then, we went to Lookout Mountain.

Finally, it was time for some yogurt. Andrew calls it "yo yo."  His favorite yogurt is cookies n cream.

You can't tell by this picture, but Andrew danced for several minutes on this sign.  He had so much fun.
Another yummy breakfast--The Blue Plate:

 After breakfast on our last day, we went back to the aquarium. Since we had to leave early on our first visit, there was an entire building that we had not seen.  Andrew and Joey looked at some frogs and tadpoles. 
 Dada touched a snake.
 I think that otters are so cute.
 Joey was mesmerized by all of the animals.  He watched everything.

 Then, he found a mirror!  Look at him smiling at himself.

 The boys both got some presents on our trip.  Andrew loves his new fish puzzle from the aquarium.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun vacation! Emily, you are such a beautiful mama. And Joey seems like a wonderful dad!! You are blessed! -Lynne